Lakeland Girls Academy is More Affordable than Other Therapeutic Boarding Schools
Tuition and fees for having your teenage girl at Lakeland Girls Academy are lower than most of the therapeutic boarding schools in the nation, since we a non-profit ministry of Teen Challenge.
If you need financial help, call us today so we can discuss options in regard to loans and scholarship opportunities. Our goal is to make sure your teen is helped by our program, so we will do all we can to make that possible.
LGA enrolls girls year-round. Individual and group counseling and mentoring throughout each girl’s stay encourages transparency and self-acceptance and provides problem solving skills that will last a lifetime. Our program teaches girls to also look to God for hope, peace and purpose in their life.
We deal with girls who have problems in their life due to:
- Death of a parent or loved one
- Early mental or physical abuse (apparent or hidden)
- Family split
- An absent or highly critical parent
- Blended family
- Bullying from peers
- Change in economic status or move to a new home and school
- Chronic illness of a loved one
- Rape or sexual abuse
- Gang membership
- Excessive exposure to pornography
- Huffing, drug, alcohol, or prescription drug use
- Negative peer influences
Students who enter our program exhibit issues and behaviors such as:
- Low self-esteem
- Loss a academic status, skipping school or dropping grades
- Depression/Suicidal thoughts
- Manipulation/Blame shifting
- Gender confusion
- Minor drug experimentation
- Eating disorders
- Alcohol or Prescription drug abuse
LGA is a fully accredited school, registered with the State of Florida. Our boarding school provides focused and individualized academic attention for girls, improving study skills and helping your girl get caught up in school and prepared for college. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that you have provided your daughter with the best educational experience and preparation, while at the same time she receives counseling and therapy to improve her behavior and motivations in life. Admission is year-round and we enroll girls as quickly as in 48 hours. Professional and caring pickup and transport can be arranged, if the teenager requires it.