Activities Here at LGA
Our therapeutic activities offer a variety that spans anywhere from worship services and on-campus sports to monthly fun outings and trips to the beach. This variety helps our students release stress, help focus on inner change, serve others, have good healthy fun, experience the outdoors, and participate in fun group outings. These may seem simple, but through daily participation in healthy group activities in a structured environment, change happens and healthy patterns of responsibility are formed.
Here’s an overview of some of our activities…
Christian Life Activities
● Weekly On-Campus Worship Services
● Morning Prayer and Devotion Time
● Biblical Counseling
● Personalized Discipleship Curriculum (P.S.N.C)
● Group Discipleship Curriculum (G.S.N.C)
● Sunday Worship Services (At local churches)
● Wednesday Night Youth Group Services (At local churches)
Physical Activities On-Campus Activities
● On-Campus Sports (P.E.)
● Capture the Flag
● Ultimate Frisbee
● Outdoor free time
● Special Arts and Crafts Projects (at least quarterly)
● Swimming (Summer months, in our pool)
Monthly Fun Outings
A variety of:
● Beach Trips (at least 4 times per year)
● Special Restaurant Outings
● Trips to a Movie Theater
● Kayaking (at least annually)
● Indoor Trampoline Houses
● Attending Local Professional Sporting Events
● Graduation Services
● Family Training
● Off/On Campus Family Visitation time
● Family Church
● Lunch Outings
● Branded by Fire Youth Conference — Pensacola, FL: We stay at the beach and enjoy it while we are there!
● Teen Challenge Southeast Youth Conference — in Springville, Alabama: Our week-long high-energy conference with special guest speakers and outdoor lake events.
● Winter Retreat: Our 3 -day January conference with special guest speakers to start the year off focused in the right direction
● International Mission Trip: Twice a year, model students with parent approval have the opportunity to qualify for international missions trips to Central America where we work with King’s Castle ministries, working with 3rd world children. By visiting and serving in a 3rd world country, our students have the opportunity to see what life is like for many people of the world, being truly thankful for everything they have, which has a lifelong impact on them.
● Volunteering: Every month we volunteer with the Lakeland Dream Center, doing work in their free yard sales and various community outreach projects in Lakeland’s inner city area.
● Local Church Events: Our students have the opportunity multiple times per year to serve at local churches for various church events, such as banquets and conferences.
Peer-to-Peer Life Skills Opportunities
● Public Speaking: Class presentations – Sharing their testimony
● Big Sister Program: Each senior student has the opportunity to be selected to be a big sister to our incoming students in the school to show them the day to day schedule general guidelines. This is excellent leadership experience where our students learn to model exemplary behavior and grow in their peer to peer leadership skills.